Saturday, May 18, 2013

Armed Forces Day Parade

This week was so busy!  I worked in Spartanburg on Monday morning and then flew to Michigan to work with our awesome new HR Manager in Jackson, Jennifer.  I spent three days in Michigan and then headed back to South Carolina.  I am lucky enough to have a great mom, mother-in-law, and former day care provider, Prity from Kozy Heart, who made it possible for me to bring Jack back too!  Friday came around and I headed to Athens, Georgia to participate in an interview with our group there for a HR person for the Georgia region.  

Today started with rain.  It only rained for a little while though and it was light.  I had time to squeeze in a quick workout before heading to the DMV to transfer the Trailblazer's registration and my license.  Wow!  Luckily, Eric went and did all of this for the Malibu while I was out of town so I knew exactly what to do and expect.  It only took about 40 minutes which seems to be outstanding!  We had a quick lunch, ran a few errands, and then decided to head downtown to have dinner at one of our new favorite restaurants, Smoke on the Water.  It was delicious again and we realized that a parade was taking place right at the end of our early dinner.  Today is Armed Forces Day which I never realized until today.  Greenville had a parade to celebrate the holiday.  It was spectacular and Jack loved it!  He especially loved the marching bands and police cars and all of their different sirens!


Near and dear to my heart.... American Legion Little Miss Poppy












Jack is wearing his perfect Run DMC Fan for Life shirt!


These Young Marines were SO young!




Afterwards, we checked out Funnelicious.  I had tried their fried pickles at Artisphere last weekend and the rest of their treats were rather interesting.  I tried the fried Snickers this time.  YUM!  I didn't know it until we were there, but this place was featured on a Travel Channel series in February of this year.  It was an experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment