Monday, June 18, 2012

No Bake Golden Oreo Truffles and Chicken Tacos

This weekend, I made a couple of recipes that I found on two of my favorite blogs: Sally's Baking Addiction and Fitnessista.  First, I made these WONDERFUL No bake golden oreo truffles.  I took them to my parent's house for a Father's Day celebration on Saturday.  They were definitely a hit.

The recipe for the truffles was super easy!  We do not have a food processor so I used our blender to process the oreos.    


I used this tasty chocolate for the coating.  


Here they are ready to be eaten!  


A couple of things to note.  Two chocolate bars barely covers all of the truffles.  They would be so much prettier if I had had more chocolate.  Also, having them out at room temperature for any length of time makes the chocolate melt pretty quickly.  It is hard to keep them refrigerated though when you want people to eat them! :)  I wonder if the white candy coating that they sell at Meijer would work better in the summer. I might try that next time.  

On Sunday, I decided to try an easier way of making shredded chicken taco meat that I found on another of my favorite blogs.  Again, this was super easy and also very tasty.  I made it earlier in the day while Eric was gone and then we had it for dinner.  This method kept the chicken much more moist.  


I really enjoy cooking and baking but find it hard to find the energy when I am working.  Luckily I have a couple more weeks to keep this up!  I am hoping to find a few favorite/new/easy recipes to add to our rotation before I go back to work.  We will see!


2 comments:

  1. White chocolate has a very low melting point, hence why you were having issues with it in the heat. I'd recommend either the Wilton candy melts (available at joanns, meijer, michaels, etc) or the slightly higher quality Merkens candy coating which you can get at Bakers Nook in Saline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Karen! I have used the Wilton candy melts before and they are economical so that is nice also!

      Delete